192.168.100.1 is one of the popular router login IP address, just like 192.168.1.1 (also written as 192.168.l.l), 192.168.0.1, 192.168.l.254 and 192.168.l.2. IP Address 192.168.100.1 is majorly used in countries like Indonesia, Brazil, United States, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Belarus, Finland, Russian Federation, Kazakhstan, Columbia, Mauritius & so on. Sometimes it is also miss-typed as 192.168.l00.1. It’s necessary for entering into the device’s web-interface (someone calls it administration panel). When you click the URL, you are asked me to enter the administrative username and password which comes along with your modem. The things which you manage/edit are:
- Network management options like LAN, WAN, and WLAN settings
- DHCP client
- IP QoS
- DNS and Proxy
- Network Security options like passwords and encryption type
- NOTE: The IP address 192.168.100.1 is registered by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) as a part of the private network 192.168.100 .0/24. IP addresses in the private space are not assigned to any specific organization and anybody may use these IP addresses without the consent of a regional Internet registry as described in RFC 1918, unlike public IP addresses.
192.168.L00.1 – ADMIN ROUTER LOGIN (2020)
Huawei routers use 192.168.100.1 IP address. Below you can find information about entering in the administration panel of Huawei routers.
192.168.100.1 ADMIN PANEL LOGIN GUIDE
- Type http://192.168.100.1 in the URL bar.
- Alternatively, you can click here.
- Once on the login portal, enter your default username and password.
- You may need to check the router or the booklet for finding router-id pass login.
- If you don’t have the credentials with you then check our post of Router Default username and password.
- Once logged in, you can make all the changes that you want to do.
Don’t miss: Default Router IP Address List
FORGOT LOGIN USERNAME AND PASSWORD
- Locate a small pinhole in your router, generally towards the back.
- Use a small pin or something similar to insert it into the hole.
- Keep pressing it for 15-20 seconds.
- Your router will restart and it should have been reset.
- Now try to login with the default IP, username, and password.
- If it is still not working then comment below and we’ll look for some other solution too.
- Now you can change wifi password after resetting your router.
FORGETTING IP ADDRESS AND SOLUTION OF IT
It’s a human brain and can easily forget the router’s IP address. So, First of all, don’t panic when you forget the IP Address. Because there are many ways developed by manufacturers to find out easily:
- Returning router’s IP address by checking it
- Returning router’s IP address by RESETTING method. To do it, you need to find the reset button, press and hold it for about 30 seconds
Notice: Resetting of your router will return your settings to factory defaults. It means that all changes that you have done will be cleared. IP address would be returned to 192.168.100.1 too, so you can use it when entering in administration panel by using default “admin” password and username.
Notice: You mustn’t reset your router, if there are no problems, which can be solved by this method. Don’t forget that all changes would be cleared!
HOW TO CHANGE WIFI PASSWORD
To change the wifi password follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log in to your router with the help of the above-mentioned IP addresses.
- Use the default credentials to log in.
- Go to Setup -> Wireless Security.
- Select Security mode (if you don’t know what you’re doing then leave it to default).
- Edit your pre-shared key (This is the wifi password).
- Click Apply.
- Go to management and select Reboot.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Congrats, you’ve successfully changed your wifi’s password.
HOW TO USE 192.168.100.1 AS CLIENT IP ADDRESS?
We know that 192.168.100.1 is used to login into a router’s web-interface. Using this IP, one can control all the network settings of that router. Therefore, by default, this IP address is assigned to the router itself. However, we can assign it to any device on the network dynamically by using DHCP or manually to form a static IP Address.
For Dynamic setup:
- Make sure your router includes 192.168.100.1 in the range of addresses that it allocates.
- Keep the starting address of DHCP as 192.168.100.1
- This will ensure that your IP address gets used instead of tens of thousands of other IPs.
For Static IP configuration, the router’s network mask should be set up properly.
WHY DO YOU NEED 192.168.100.1 WEB-INTERFACE (ADMINISTRATION PANEL)?
One of the important things for each and every router’s owner named as Administration panel. Now, If you want to use the device without taking help from anybody else, then you must find out the complete details about the Web-interface for doing the changes in your device’s settings. Data security is one of the important elements in means of settings and you preferably need that for the protection from the hackers (who steal your all private information). That’s why you need a 192.168.100.1 web-interface as an administration panel.
FASTEST WAY TO LOGGING TO 192.168.100.1
If you want to log into the 192.168.100.1 IP address then here’s the fastest way to logging in: http://192.168.100.1/. There are two ways to go through this IP address. Firstly, you can directly copy the address and paste it into your browser address bar. Another one is, you can manually enter the IP address by typing the number delimited by full stops (periods) within your any of the browser address bar.
- Also Read: 10.1.1.1 iiNET login
Now, you must be thinking that why the number format is necessary here?
The main reason for using the number format example XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX; It represents the IP address, which is a unique label assigned to every device in the network that uses Internet protocol in the format of IPv4 address and containing a 32bit number. There is a number of devices connected through the internet with the possible number of IPv4 addresses, IPv6, a 128-bit format, so it’s worth knowing about their development and in use case here.
192.168.100.1 in the IPVv6 format would look like 0:0:0:0:0:ffff:c0a8:6401.
There is a couple of private ranges of IP addresses:
|Start||End||No. of addresses|
|24-bit block (/8 prefix, 1 × A)||10.0.0.0||10.255.255.255||16777216|
|20-bit block (/12 prefix, 16 × B)||172.16.0.0||172.31.255.255||1048576|
|16-bit block (/16 prefix, 256 × C)||192.168.0.0||192.168.255.255||65536|
You can use any of them inside your private network according to utilization.
GETTING ERROR: THIS SITE CAN’T BE REACHED
192.168.100.1 took too long to respond.
- Checking the connection
- Checking the proxy and the firewall
- Running Windows Network Diagnostics
If you are getting an error like this while tried to connect to your router with any of the IP Addresses, the cause might be one of the following:
- your router IP address is different e.g. 192.168.1.1
- your router is turned off
- your LAN cable is disconnected
- your wifi or LAN connection is disabled
- your or router firewall is stopping you to access the router
- your wifi or LAN is not installed properly or it has malfunction
- your router has malfunctioned
UNABLE TO CONNECT TO 192.168.100.1 (XFINITY ROUTER)
In one of the forums of the Xfinity router, it was mentioned by a fellow user than on getting a new router (CM 8200) is not unable to connect to 192.168.100.1. He is also not able to ping the IP address.
Some of the solutions which were advised by the forum members:
- Try resetting the device by pressing down on the hard reset button (See our “reset router password” article). Also, rebooting the router works.
- Try holding the reset button for more than 25 seconds.
- Connect a second PC to the second port on the SB8200 with a static IP of 192.168.100.20 and access 192.168.100.1.
- If nothing works out, contact the company and get a replacement for your router.
Note: Most routers do not use 192.168.100.1 as their default IP address but instead employ 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.254, or 192.168.10.1. This is why it is difficult to find solutions for any problem related to this IP address because it is not used widely. Hence, if you’re facing issues with your router which utilizes this particular IP address then comment below the specific problem and we’ll try to help you as soon as possible.
UNABLE TO CONNECT TO MODEM IP 192.168.100.1 (LINKSYS TO HUAWEI MODEM)
As we all know that 192.168.100.1 IP is a private address and can be choose by an administrator. If he/she wants to assign IP 192.168.l00.1 on different modem devices. Now, In case, If you’re unable to connect to modem IP 192.168.100.1 then, you must find out the solutions. Either, it can be the reason for changing the modem device for example Linksys to Huawei model modems. But, you must restart your device by pressing and holding the reset button for at least 30 seconds. This process is called power cycling the device.
- If you’ve already tried to reboot the modem and still it’s not working? then, you must hold the recessed reset
button on the rear for ~ 25 seconds. It’ll surely resolve your IP 192.168.l00.1 login related issues.
- If still the issue persists, then the problem is related to the CSR agent and retail modem. Without the correct
modem model in the system, your device will never get the latest firmware updates.
Hope the answers will resolve your queries!
I guess now you’re comfortable with using 192.168.100.1 and can easily do the required changes. For any help, query, or doubt you may comment below and we’ll try to reply as soon as possible.
You must try reading our other tutorials similar to 1921681001 to gain more knowledge about this subject.
Thank you for reading.